Our Mission: Safer Stronger Communities - Safe Effective Firefighters.
Conference Facility Terms and Conditions of Hire
- All bookings and dates offered are valid for 14 days from the date of enquiry
after which time they are either confirmed by receipt of a completed booking
form or deleted.
- Facilities will only be reserved after written confirmation has been received by
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Authority (�the Authority�) The Authority may cancel
the booking at any time if it considers that the booking might prejudice the
reputation of the Authority.
- Bookings made more than 6 months before the event should be confirmed in writing
no later than 1 month prior to the event.
- On receipt of the booking form, the terms and conditions will be deemed to be
accepted and agreed to by the customer. Cancellation subsequent to that
acceptance within 2 weeks of the event must be made in writing and may render
the client liable to 50% of the charge.
- Final numbers must be confirmed not less than 3 working days in advance of the
- All charges will be invoiced on completion of the event.
- Payment should be made within 30 days of receipt of invoice. Cheques should be
made payable to Merseyside Fire and Rescue Authority. Payment by BACS can be
accommodated. BACS details will be on the invoice.
- Customers are requested not to fix items to the walls, floors or ceilings.
- The customer will be liable for all and any damage caused to any room,
facilities, furniture or equipment caused by their acts or omissions or those of
their delegates, staff or visitors.
- The event must start and finish within specified times. Changes may not be
possible unless agreed in writing prior to the event with a member of the
Authority�s Conference Team. Any changes may be subject to increased fee.
- The customer shall pay for any food and beverages/goods/services not provided
for in the original booking or otherwise in correspondence but made available
upon request of the customer on the day of the event.
- No wines, spirits or beverage may be brought into the premises by or on behalf
of the customer, its delegates, staff or visitors for consumption on the
premises, unless express agreement in writing is given by the Authority in its
sole and absolute discretion.
- The use of private caterers is not permitted.
- Delegates, staff and visitors of the customer are required to comply with all
health, safety, fire and general instructions issued.
- Customers are asked to note that the Authority�s premises are non-smoking by
- Vehicles and their contents are left on the Authority�s premises at the owner�s
- The Authority will accept no responsibility or liability for the loss or damage
to personal effects belonging to customers or its delegates, staff or visitors.
- It is a condition of hire that the customer, its delegates, staff and visitors
will be at least 16 years of age unless expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- The room may not be used by political parties for party activities including
meetings, fund raising campaigning or any other activities. For the avoidance of
doubt, meetings involving councillors relating to the discharge of their duties
as members of the Fire Authority will be permitted.
- Customers are required to carry public liability insurance of a minimum
amount of �2 million