Page 2 - HOT_NEWS_SEPT_2105
P. 2

The mircrolight in the field. Photo supplied by Watch Manager Mike Foster.
Crash Landing
Firefighters were called to assist Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service after a microlight crash in Warrington.
Firefighters from Newton-le-Willows and St Helens moved the microlight to assist paramedics at the scene and stopped fuel leaking from the microlight.
Watch Manager Mike Foster, who is based at St Helens Community Fire Station and was the Officer In Command (OIC) at the incident, said: “Firefighters from St Helens were the second fire appliance on scene and they stopped fuel leaking from the microlight and assisted paramedics at the scene.”
The call-out was on July 23.
Firefighter Andy Law is pictured in this photo on the ladder following the rescue. In the foreground is the RSPCA officer. Photo supplied by Watch Manager Ian Nelson.
Firefighters rescued a Harris Hawk after it had become entangled in a Sycamore tree.
Watch Manager Ian Nelson, who attended the call-out with White Watch firefighters at Southport Community Fire Station, said: "We were asked to assist the RSPCA to free a Harris Hawk which had become entangled approximately 15 metres up a tree.
"We used Rope Access Gear and a nine-metre ladder to bring the hawk safely to ground level where it was handed into the care of the RSPCA officer."
Our Service was called at 11.20am on July 18 to a garden in Birkdale.
Bird on a
The seagull rescue at Central Station.
Photo supplied by Watch Manager Peter McCarthy.
Firefighters assisted the RSPCA in rescuing a seagull that was trapped in barbed wire above shops at Central Station in Liverpool.
The bird was trapped in barbed wire inside the station and fire crews used a nine metre ladder to rescue the seagull.
A fire appliance from Liverpool City Community Fire Station was called out.
Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour.
Our Service was called out to the incident at around 2.15pm on Sunday, August 9.
Trapped Hawk

   1   2   3   4   5