We will provide you with a written notice of the decision. We will aim to do this within five working days of the date of the meeting of the Audit Committee or the Appeals Committee at which the decision was made. The notice will:
- in relation to a request for further information by the Audit Sub Committee, summarises the information required to ask for this to be provided by letter or telephone.
- in relation to a decision to take no further action, summarise the nature of the complaint and the reason(s) for deciding to take no further action. An Audit Committee decision notice to take no further action will also give details of the right to request an appeal decision;
- in relation to a decision to refer a matter to the Monitoring Officer of the Authority, summarise the nature of the complaint and:
- in the case of a referral to the Monitoring Officer for investigation, will summarise the potential breaches of the Code to which the conduct as set out in the complaint refers and will indicate how the investigation process will be conducted;
- to which the conduct as set out in the complaint refers, will indicate what the other course of action is and, if appropriate, indicate what allowance is made for your involvement in the other course of action;