The Water team includes dedicated clerical and technical staff and their role is to take all reasonable measures to ensure the provision of adequate water supplies for firefighting operations.
Their responsibilities include:
- All hydrant outlets belonging to MF&RS are tested, inspected and maintained in good working order.
- Manage and maintain the Service's water management system.
- Liaison with Community Fire Stations, water undertakers and other such organisations.
- Undertake a risk assessment process for all new developments, refurbishment and abandonment of water mains installations
- Arrange, manage and invoice external customers for the inspection of private hydrants