This course is designed for those who are required to safely locate and investigate the cause of activation of the Automatic Fire Alarm (AFA) system.
The lecture consists of theoretical input for learners who have been nominated as the designated person.
The course is aimed to give guidance and confidence to the learner on fire safety issues and what actions are to be taken upon the actuation of the AFA system.
The lecture includes both theory and a Q&A session.
Attendance on this course will provide evidence for compliance in some matters required by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Learners will be able to:
- Understand the importance of a thorough knowledge of the premise’s evacuation plan
- Understand the information on the fire alarm panel and, if applicable, the floor plan(s)
- Understand the importance of being able to identify which detector head is activated
- Recognise early signs and symptoms of fire
- Recognise when, and understand how, an emergency ‘999’ fire call should be made
- Have an appreciation of how to proceed to an activated detector head, safely, including doors procedure
- Understand the role of the Fire and Rescue Service in respect of responding to AFAs
Full Terms & Conditions apply.