Integrated Risk Management Plan
What is Integrated Risk Management?
'Integrated Risk Management' is the development of a balanced approach by the Fire and Rescue Service to reducing risk within the community.
This is achieved by combining prevention, protection and emergency response, on a risk-assessed basis in order to improve the safety of the community and also create a safer working environment for fire-fighters.
IRMP Supplement 2019 - 2021
This supplement to our 2017-20 Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) takes account of risk, demand and vulnerability changes that have occurred since our IRMP was first published in April 2017.
Since then a number of significant national and international incidents have occurred. These incidents combined with changes to the city region infrastructure and the initial findings of Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) have quite rightly given the Authority cause to review the suitability of its plans to ensure that they are still fit for purpose.
The supplement also includes new proposals which have emerged since the plan was first approved.
The supplement to the original plan ensures that the Authority complies with the requirements placed on it to assess all foreseeable fire and rescue related risks that could affect its communities, whether they are local, cross-border, multi-authority and/ or national in nature, from fires to terrorist attacks.
We consulted extensively with the public and other stakeholders when we developed the 2017-20 IRMP and we have reconsidered the outcomes of that consultation as we have written this supplement.
During 2016/17 stakeholders told us that they would:
- prefer us to keep stations open using different duty systems than close stations
- like us to maintain a standard 10 minute response to all Life Risk Incidents across Merseyside rather than have some areas fall outside of that standard
- prefer us to use wholetime (full time) firefighters to protect its communities rather than retained firefighters
- like us to secure a long term solution which protects staff moving forward
- wish us to avoid compulsory redundancy
- want performance against the response standard to be a determining factor when implementing change
- expect us to resource to meet the demands placed on the Service
- expect us to maximise our productivity to protect the public
- like us to keep prevention at the forefront of our work
- support our proposals to respond 'along with' NWAS to Cardiac Arrest incidents
- like to see blue light collaboration not integration
- understand the need to deliver a balanced budget in line with our medium term financial plan
We consulted on this supplement between 14th March and 6th June 2019. Previous public consultation indicated that people valued our emergency response; so we have carried out analysis and research to create new proposals that we believe will improve upon what we originally planned.
But people also wanted us to maintain a focus on our communities and make sure that we work in a way that is safe for our staff and for the public of Merseyside.
Full details of the consultation outcomes are available by emailing email@example.com.
IRMP 2017 - 2020
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) Update for 2017-2020
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) for 2017-2020
IRMP 2015 - 2017
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) supplement 2015-2017
IRMP Final Document 2011/14 (PDF 596kb)
Knowsley Local IRMP 2011 (PDF 822kb)
Liverpool Local IRMP 2011 (PDF 1,161kb)
Sefton Local IRMP 2011(PDF 766kb)
St Helens Local IRMP 2011 (PDF 553kb)
Wirral Local IRMP 2011 (PDF 657kb)
IRMP Consultation Document 2011/14 (PDF 547kb)
IRMP 2 Action Plan 3 2009 - 2010 (PDF 1230kb)
IRMP 2 version 2008/09 (PDF 196kb)
IRMP 2 Final version 2007/10 (PDF 1696kb)
IRMP Year 3 Final version 2006/07 (PDF 4000kb)
IRMP Consultation Document 2006/07 (PDF 2370kb)
IRMP Year 2 2005/06 Supplement (PDF 173kb)
IRMP Year 2 Action Plan 2005/06 (PDF 31kb)
IRMP Action Plan 2004/05 (PDF 114kb)
IRMP Final Version 2004/05 (PDF 594kb)
The Rapid Approach - Risk Assessed Programme for Incident Deployment (PDF 532kb)
IRMP 2004/05 First Quarter Review (PDF 143kb)
IRMP 2004/05 Second Quarter Review (PDF 143kb)