Using unsafe heating methods can often lead to a fire starting in your property.
- KEEP heaters away from curtains and furniture and other materials that may ignite.
- NEVER dry clothes over a heater or open fire.
- ALWAYS use fireguards with open fires and ensure you have your chimney swept regularly.
- DON'T move the heater while it is turned on.
Did you know your chimneys should be swept according to the type of fuel being used?
- Smokeless fuel - at least once a year
- Bituminous coal - at least twice a year
- Wood - quarterly when in use
- Oil - once a year
- Gas - once a year by a Gas Safe chimney sweep